Childrens eye care - Childrens eye tests in Falkirk and Dollar
Childrens eye tests are available at any age if you are concerned at all with your childs eye health or vision.
- Eyes are more sensitive to bolder colours and black and white patterns
- Colour vision improves over first 3 months
- Able to focus after a few months
- A WHITE PUPIL SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED ASAP( EG IN PHOTO) BY AN OPTOMETRIST
- Eyes should be fully developed
- Can judge depth and see 3D shapes
- Eyes should both follow you around room
- IF CHILD DOESNT LIKE ONE EYE IN PARTICULAR COVERED , THERE MAY BE AN ISSUE AND SHOULD BE EXAMINED BY AN OPTOMETRIST.
- Screening at school should have happened. However this a basic check.
- All children should have a full eye test by now by an optometrist
- Squints and lazy eyes are more easily corrected before 7 yrs old.
- Squints and lazy eyes can run in the family.
- Children should have an annual eye examination by an optometrist up until 16 years old.
- 1 in 5 teenagers are short-sighted.
- Headaches or eyestrain after school can be a sign of a problem